Hey guys! I have another great recipe for you all that I made last night for the hubs! The Italian in him loved it and said it was definitely a winner!
Since starting my slow reverse diet, I have been thinking of all of the great things I’ll be able to eat again, namely pastas and Italian dishes. It’s not that I couldn’t eat these before, but I generally went for leaner proteins and high volume foods. These were perfect and pretty reasonable on the macro end.
24 jumbo shells (8 ounces)
2 cups (16 ounces) lite ricotta cheese
1 cup (8 ounces) 2% milk shredded low-moisture part-skim mozzarella cheese (low fat mozzarella)
1 jar pasta sauce
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Boil and cook shells according to package label.
2. Combine ricotta cheese and mozzarella cheese.
3. After shells have cooled, stuff 1-2 tablespoons of cheese mixture into each shell.
4. Line a casserole dish with a thin layer of pasta sauce and place stuffed shells into the dish. Cover with remaining pasta sauce.
5. Bake in oven covered for 40 minutes, then uncover and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
6. Serve and devoir.
Serving size: 3 stuffed shells
Protein 13 grams
Carbs 29 grams
Fiber 2 grams
Fat 6 grams
– – – – –
I actually intended to add spinach to the cheese stuffing initially, but forgot to grab it in the grocery store! I paired these with homemade meatballs (which I will post soon) for some extra protein. As far as a pasta recipe goes, this is pretty good! 29 grams of carbohydrates for 3 shells! I was definitely full and satisfied as well after just three shells.
So try this one out and let me know what you think. I found the lite ricotta cheese right next to the regular ricotta cheese and the mozzarella cheese is the lower fat option that I use all the time with just 6 grams of fat per serving! Don’t you love flexible dieting?!