Hey guys! I am so excited to share this recipe with you! This is hands down one of my favorite Crock Pot recipes and it is so, so, simple to make!
3 (15 ounce) cans of tomato sauce
1.6 lbs lean ground turkey
1 cup part skim mozarella cheese
8 tablespoons parmesan cheese
1 (15 ounce) container of lite ricotta cheese
10 lasagna noodles
1. Brown ground turkey on the stove top until thoroughly cooked through.
2. Combine ricotta cheese, mozzarella, and parmesan cheese in a small bowl.
3. Add tomato sauce to ground turkey.
4. Place 1/4 of the turkey mixture into the Crock Pot. Top with 3 lasagna noodles (breaking up to fit the oval), then 1/2 of the cheese mixture.
5. Add another 1/4 of the turkey mixture on top of the cheese mixture, then top with 3 more lasagna noodles, and the remainder of the cheese mixture.
6. Place another 1/4 of the turkey mixture on top of the cheese, followed by 3 more noodles, and then the remaining turkey mixture.
7. Set Crock Pot for 4-6 hours on low, and cook until noodles are soft and tender.
Serving size: 9.6 ounces (10 servings in Crock Pot)
Fat 11.6 grams
Carbs 42.6 grams
Fiber 4.9 grams
Protein 27.3 grams
– – – – –
I made this last night for the husband and it was absolutely delicious.
A point to make; break the noodles up to completely cover the oval of the Crock Pot. I ended up using 10 noodles total after breaking them up.
Yesterday was a refeed day, so I added some Texas toast with our dinners, which was fantastic! The serving size is definitely filling!
All in all, this took maybe 20 minutes to cook and assemble, and then it was in the Crock Pot for 4 hours. For those who are concerned about the weight or the serving size, I did actually weigh this out with a human scale (how strange) to get an accurate serving size!
I hope you all enjoy this, and let me know how it turns out. I had forgotten about this one, but will definitely be including this in the next few weeks as part of meal prep!