Just the basics.


No post yesterday??? How rude for the 2 avid daily readers out there! Winking smile

Please let me tell you about my Sunday. For some reason this pay period, I was only scheduled 70 hours, when I am contracted at 72 hours. So to make up those two hours, this weekend on Saturday and Sunday I went in for my shifts at 7:00 AM instead of 7:30. I then figured I could go in early another shift later this week. Turns out after yesterday’s shift…I didn’t need to.

My shift was scheduled for 7:30am – 4:30 pm. Another extender was supposed to be coming in at 4PM to relieve me, and let me go home. 4:00 rolls around, and I have all of my patient’s taken care of and am just finishing up some charts. Meanwhile, the ED is swamped. 29 bed ED completely FULL with 12 people in the waiting room. 4:15 flies by, and no relief. 4:30 happens and still no relief. I ended up calling our scheduling lady to find out if she had found anyone to replace the shift and she said she had not. She told me I should not feel obligated to stay, but that I could. So being the nice person that I am, I decided to stay and figured I could make up that 1 hour.

The ED continued to get slammed. It was normal last night to have 12 people in the waiting room, who were waiting for at least 2 hours. I decided I was going to say until 8 or 9, but by the time that rolled around one of the doctors had asked me to see a few more patients. Needless to say I stayed until 9:30PM and my 10.5 hour shift turned into a 14.5 hour shift.

I went home feeling frustrated and exhausted. I didn’t get lunch, I didn’t get dinner. I munched throughout the day on grapes, strawberries, carrots, and graham crackers (provided by the ED). I got home and went straight to my Mom’s house who took me for ice cream and I got the biggest sundae I could order. I then came home, feeling a little bit better after seeing my sister and Mom and watched some of this guy…

Jeff-Fa-Fa Dunham

This seriously made me feel so much better. I forgot how freaking funny this guy is…

Am I pissing you off-fa-fa???

Seriously love that guy. Watching those just cheered me up.

– – – – –

This morning after Mike woke me up and headed off to work, I slept for a few more hours and woke up around 9:00. I then decided that rather than being a bum for the rest of the day and upset about my shift yesterday, I would head to the gym. I hoped on the treadmill and did a little of this while running…

Blog reading!!!

I am telling you that this iPad thing is amazing. I got to catch up on all of my blog reading while pumping out 4.5 miles!

I then got some lifting done. I did shoulders at the gym following the Jamie Eason Live Fit program. I have a personal goal this week to make it to the gym at a minimum of 4 times. So that I get in some cardio and lifting. The 3 other days I can either rest or walk with Mom or work out outside.

After the gym I came home and made a DELICIOUS lunch…

Yes, those are homemade french fries.

Instead of turning to my default Doritos, I tried out home made french fries out of a baked potato and they were so good. I had them with a tuna sandwich, a peach, and some ranch dressing. Totally made up for my lack of breakfast! Smile

Today I’m going to relax for the next few hours and then head off for the evening/overnight shift in one of the ED’s. Wish me luck it goes better than yesterday!

2 thoughts on “Jeff-Fa-Fa”

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s